Rigid Truck Driver
Posted on Apr 13, 2019 by Barry Group
A position has become available at Barry Group for a Full Time Rigid Driver, based from the Mallow Area.
Barry Group is a leading wholesale distribution company based in Cork, trading both nationally and internationally and supplying over 1,000 customers. Barry Group supplies over 265 franchises under the Costcutter, Carry Out Off Licence and Quik Pick symbols, as well as a large number of independent retailers and wholesalers based throughout Ireland.
We are seeking a reliable and enthusiastic Rigid Driver to join our Transport Team on a full-time basis.This position is based predominantly from the Dublin area.
This role requires the successful candidate to deliver FMCG to customers in a manner that will improve the company's efficiency, help achieve the company's mission and goals, and result in outstanding customer service. The work involves responsibility for interpreting and implementing the rules, regulations and policies as defined by the company on an ongoing basis. General supervision is received from the Transport Supervisor and Head of Supply Chain.
All employees are responsible for implementing and maintaining the rules, regulations and policies as defined by the company on an ongoing basis.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
- Check brakes, oil, water levels & electrical systems. Daily checks as per your pre-shift and end of shift checks.
- Report any defects on truck/trailer.
- Drive defensively and handle hazardous road conditions.
- Make sure the load is safe for transit & secure it using straps to avoid damage to the truck or the goods
- Calculate and estimate the weight of loads to comply with load limits.
- Drive vehicles to destinations and unload.
- Collect all used roll cages & pallets at destinations.
- Collect back loads when instructed.
- Note all discrepancies in deliveries and collections on paperwork.
- The driver is responsible at all times for the vehicle and load that he is in control of.
- Arrive to work in a presentable manner at all times.
The ideal is required to have:
- A minimum of two years' experience driving rigid trucks and multi-drop deliveries.
- A full clean driving license in the appropriate category.
- Up to date CPC card and CPC yearly modules.
- Be a Digital Tachograph Card Holder.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic disposition.
- Valid Power Pallet Certificate.
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
Barry Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer