Senior Android Developer
Posted on Apr 13, 2019 by Takeaway.com
Expires at: 2019-06-13
You will drive the app development of our platform, working with the newest technologies related to apps and (mobile) gadgets. We have a phone and tablet app anxiously waiting for your newly developed features and improved functionality! You are an integral part of our team, through your involvement in every stage of the process, we get the best possible product!
A day in the life of..
You start your day by checking the Crashlytics board. You shipped a new version yesterday, and after checking on the status of it you high five your colleague - the two of you have paired up working on it - and rush to the daily standup. Our iOS experts walks in and brought one of his homemade cakes to celebrate the release. After the cake, you have a talk with your product owner about the new feature you are working on. It looks good, but it misses that "wow factor". Later that day you have a meeting with the Designer for a brainstorm session. During lunch your teammate asks if you have some time for pair programming, he is stuck with some concurrency issues and could really use some help. That works, but remember at 3pm, there is a presentation about Android Architecture Components.
- You have at least 6 years of professional Android development experience
- You have embraced Kotlin while still knowing your way around in Java
- You care about writing clean code and proper unit tests
- You preach and teach about the latest trends in architecture, tools and libraries such as Architecture Components, Room Database & Coroutines
- You have a project that you can tell us about.
- You have worked in cross-functional teams in an Agile environment
- Self-motivated, proactive and communicative
- Committed to every detail and take pride in quality
- You are open-minded, willing to share knowledge and a real team-player
- You are fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Being part of dynamic and international eCommerce company with flat hierarchies
- Joining an international and professional team
- A schooling budget that allows you to attend conferences and workshops, we encourage you to not only develop apps but also yourself!
- Competitive salary and contribution to your pension plan
- A laptop (Macbook or Windows) with your desired OS
- Awesome team events and global gatherings, such as our annual ski trip and summer event at the beach!