Legal Counsel (m/f)
Posted on Apr 15, 2019 by Münchener Rückversicherungs-Gesellschaft Aktiengesellschaft in München
As a specialty provider of primary insurance services, Great Lakes Insurance SE (GLISE) is an integral part of the Munich Re Group. Our primary insurance out of reinsurance (PIRI) interlocked business model is designed to seize opportunities closely connected to our core reinsurance business, and to exploit innovation opportunities and initiatives with Group entities. GLISE currently operates from the HQ in Munich, and via branch offices in UK, Switzerland, Italy, and Australia.
The GLISE legal department is the first point of contact for all internal legal questions. It also provides legal advice and oversight to all GLISE departments with a specific focus on primary insurance including a close cooperation with Munich Re Group. GLISE's legal department also supports due diligences and product development from a legal perspective.
This position is responsible mainly for further enhancing excellence and service quality within the GLISE legal department by offering legal expertise in primary insurance law, and providing GLISE with practical, comprehensive legal and technical consultation. This position offers exciting challenges and insights, including exposure to top management and board members, the network within Munich Re, and frequent inter-company interaction.
- Providing GLISE with general legal consultancy regarding primary insurance, regulatory matters and licensing for all related business opportunities
- Supporting a team of (currently three) legal counsels in Germany and the UK, managing them from a technical standpoint and actively sharing knowledge
- Developing, reviewing and negotiating a variety of distribution and agency agreements, insurance contracts, and related documentation
- Supporting GLISE with expert drafting and negotiating
- Collaborating in global teams with international colleagues
- Organizing and conducting training seminars and other knowledge-exchange activities
- Honours degree in law (German state examinations, preferably with distinctions, or UK/US equivalent)
- Admission as "Syndikusanwalt" or "Rechtsanwalt"
- Several years of primary insurance/distribution law experience, preferably within a primary insurance company
- Strong contract-drafting skills
- Proven knowledge of the primary insurance regulatory environment
- Interest in the wider business environment and technical matters
- Analytical, pragmatic thinker, solution-oriented
- Can work on large, complex projects
- Can communicate complex issues clearly and simply
- Exceptional communication and team skills
- Strong commitment and intercultural competence
- Willing to take regular business trips, in particular to GLISE's London branch
- Fluent German and English; Italian or any other language beneficial
Munich Re is one of the world's leading reinsurance companies with more than 11,000 employees at over 50 locations around the globe. We are working on topics today that will concern the whole of society tomorrow, whether that be climate change, major construction projects, gene technology or space travel. We find solutions to these challenges through a network of highly qualified professionals who anticipate risks, work on tailor-made solutions and expertly advise our clients. If you want to help shape the future as part of one of our teams, we look forward to hearing from you. Please click on the link to apply online.
Make it happen. Apply now! Apply now!
Daniela Grill • HR Consultant
Königinstraße 107 • 80802 München • GERMANY
Münchener Rückversicherungs-Gesellschaft Aktiengesellschaft in München
OBERMEYER Servbest GmbH
Münchener Rückversicherungs-Gesellschaft AG