Health and Safety Advisor
Posted on Apr 15, 2019 by Cordant Technical and Engineering
Health and Safety Advisor - 2 Year Fixed Term Contract (Likely to turn to perm role) - Maynooth, County Kildare - €40-43k p/a basic rate - 28 Days Holiday (+ stats) - Company Car (ECO Scheme) - Private Medical - up to 8% Annual Bonus - up to 7.5% Company Pension Contributions
You would be working for a multi-billion dollar company with a truly global footprint which employs well over 100,000 people and is one of the global leaders in power management. If successful you would be joining the services and solutions side of their business, helping to to support site safety, minimise risks and ensure that safe working practices are maintained by their staff and subcontractors.
You would be contracted to support health and safety on two extremely high profile data centre construction projects they are running local to the Maynooth office for key clients. As such you would supervising both direct staff and subcontractors carrying out electrical and civil construction and fit out work.
- Work with local management teams to ensure compliance with current legal requirements, minimise risks and promote a positive health and safety culture on site.
- Investigate and review all accidents and near misses and determine the route cause and improvement actions.
- Ensure that all suppliers and subcontractors are properly assessed before approval
- Regularly audit subcontractors on site.
- Help to design and provide relevant HSE training courses
- Ensure employees and subcontractors are following procedure and working to RAMs
- Support OHSAS18001, ISO14001, ISO9001 within the organisation. Also ISO50001 and ISO39001 (no experience necessary with these two as quite unusual)
- Occupational Health and Safety Certificate or, NEBOSH International General Certificate Health and Safety or equivalent
- 3 years or more working on a comparable role on construction projects where CDM is key.
- Computer literate
- International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety/ BSc in Occupational Health and Safety Management
- Corporate Membership of IOSH
- Experience working on construction projects with a power element
- Any electrical qualifications or background (ie. Apprentice trained, HND etc.)
Diversity and Inclusion:
My client places diversity and inclusion at the heart of their organisation and views diversity as an integral part of its history, culture and identity. They recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. They want their employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, my clients teams are stronger to drive their future.
Key Words: SHEQ, QESH, HSEQ, Advisor, Manager, Health and Safety, NEBOSH, Data Centres, Ireland, Dublin, Maynooth, County Kildare
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer