Complaints Investigator contract role December 2019
Posted on Apr 15, 2019 by Teva
Teva is a global pharmaceutical leader and the world's largest generic medicines producer, committed to improving health and increasing access to quality health solutions worldwide. Our employees are at the core of our success, with colleagues in over 80 countries delivering the world's largest medicine cabinet to 200 million people every day. We offer a uniquely diverse portfolio of products and solutions for patients and we've built a promising pipeline centered around our core therapeutic areas. We are continually developing patient-centric solutions and significantly growing both our generic and specialty medicines business through investment in research and development, marketing, business development and innovation. This is how we improve health and enable people to live better, healthier lives. Join us on our journey of growth!Job Description
Reporting to the Senior Compliance Officer and working as part of the Compliance Department, the successful candidate will have responsibility for:
- Acknowledging and responding to customer complaints in a timely manner.
- Managing complaint investigations to ensure identification of the root cause and appropriate corrective actions.
- Ensure investigations or trends are fully documented and the effectiveness of corrective actions monitored.
- To liaise with other departments to ensure timely close out of investigations.
- Deliver customer service (both internal and external) through agreed timelines.
- Generation and review of procedures and reports.
- Participate in continuous improvement and departmental initiatives, taking action where required.
- Certificate or Diploma in a Science related discipline or in part-time study in a relevant discipline
- Previous experience in the Pharmaceutical Industry within a Quality Control, Quality Assurance, Compliance or Regulatory Affairs environment.
- Problem Solving & Report Writing Skills.
- Strong PC skills particularly in MS Word & Excel. Experience with Trackwise would be desirable.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
Teva Pharmaceuticals is committed to equal opportunity in employment. It is Teva's global policy that equal employment opportunity be provided without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, veteran status, national or ethnic origin or any other legally recognized status entitled to protection under applicable laws.