Head of IT Project Management Contractor - Banking Client
Posted on Apr 15, 2019 by Salt Search
Head of IT Project Management (Contractor) - Banking Client - Brussels
Rate: 800 - 1000
Duration: 3 months
My client is looking for an experienced Head of IT Project Management who has been in a very similar role. Keen to speak to those who have been in a similar function within IT,Finance and Banking.
The Global Business Solutions division is the software solution delivery factory for my client, providing innovative new or improved applications.
- deliver new IT solutions and improve existing applications
- ensure the sustainability and stability of the production services from an applicative viewpoint
- increase the maturity of the IT project delivery, further strengthening controls to limit risks and reducing development and running costs.
My clients technology divisions have embarked a transformation journey to bring more value to clients, through quick innovation, reduced time to market, cost efficient delivery
Your role: Head of IT Project Management (Contractor) - Banking Client -
As ad-interim head of IT project management you:
- Manage all aspects of multiple IT projects, typically involving multiple disciplines in the IT function
- Use expertise and leadership skills to direct staff and to resolve issues to ensure project goals and requirements are met
- Head a project management resource pool
- Manage the corporate support project portfolio and ensure the optimal staffing (internal - external) of all projects, as well as the planning and priority management of the teams.
- Support and lead teams to make sure goals and objectives are being kept
- Present report to stakeholders on progress as well as problems and solutions
The position is Brussels based and for a full time schedule.
Qualifications: Head of IT Project Management (Contractor) - Banking Client -
- At least 10 years relevant years professional experience in Project Management either as a consultant, either as a Senior Project Manager for large scale projects preferably within the banking sector
- Requires a mix of strong team leadership competencies and a strong project management experience, with relevant qualifications in industry-standard project management.
- Long exposure to a wide variety of infrastructure and application projects, and the interpersonal skills to influence decisions taken at a very senior level
- Strong proven experience in project management of large banking projects with proven ability to drive expected results
- Strong communicator, conflict resolution experience, time management, organizational & planning skills
- Excellent decision making & problem solving skills
- Experience with corporate support projects (eg Finance, HR) is a must.
Please do send across to me the most up to date copy of your CV to