Global Investment Category Manager
Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by DSJ Global
A Global FMCG organisation is seeking Global Category Manager Construction supporting Brownfield and Greenfield construction projects across the Group. This is part of the development of a new greenfield global strategic procurement function. Following steady growth, they have made changes to centralise the strategic procurement department into their global hub in Berlin, Germany. An exciting time to join the business with the organisation experiencing healthy growth and the opportunity to set up new strategies for an array of categories and commodities, there is need for creativity and innovation to support their continued progression as a business.
Already a leader in its niche market for plant breeding, the company trades across 70 different countries, turning over 1.5bn€ last year and a headcount of just over 5,000 people.
- Strategic responsibility for Global categories across Real Estate services, Engineering and Construction, working as a procurement business partner to any large-scale construction and engineering projects.
- Full management of the procurement cycle from category strategy to contract negotiation and supplier relationship management
- Manage and lead negotiations with key suppliers
- Define global strategies, mapping out key stakeholders
- Implement and apply standardised processes and methods on a global level
Skills and Experience Required
- 5 years' experience with experience Investment purchasing
- Fluent German
- German Construction Project management experience
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction, Industrial Engineering or Architecture
- Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to manager senior level stakeholders
We are looking for someone that is an extrovert and confident in their ability to build trusted relationships with internal and external relationships. They must be able to effectively use their relationships to influence and support initiatives to gain leverage in negotiations.
What this Job Offers You
- Travel opportunities.
- Versatile health services
- Flexible working hours
- Commitment to family-friendly processes
- Company retirement plan
How to apply
If you are interested in this Global Category Manager Construction, or any other potential roles that may be available to you, apply below for a confidential discussion, or contact me directly on:
Axel Springer DIGITAL GmbH
Axel Springer hy GmbH