Data Infrastructure Manager
Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by Hired
Let companies apply to you, not the other way around. Sign up with Hired to get access to thousands of companies currently hiring data infrastructure managers.
Want to work for a company you love?
Are you a Data Infrastructure Manager? Data Infrastructure Managers oversee the team of engineers who build, test and improve the infrastructure necessary for data collection. Data infrastructure is a highly-technical field that is relied upon by businesses that need useful data for housing and analyzing to better understand their operations.
Data Infrastructure Managers are proficient with both the business side and the technical side of their role. They gain a steady grasp of the various programs, tools and languages necessary for data infrastructure, the creation of pipelines and warehouses, as well as troubleshoot issues. These managers also guide and mentor team members and ensure the business goals are clearly understood and followed.Responsibilities
- Leading the Data Infrastructure team to successfully build, maintain and troubleshoot new and existing data structures.
- Manage onsite and cloud infrastructure services.
- Following and discovering the best methods for collecting and storing quality data.
- A professional engineer with business and technical savvy.
- Someone who understands all components of data infrastructures (including hardware, software, servers, storage, cloud or managed services, I/O and networking) and how they work together.
- Good at identifying technical trends that can shore-up loose ends and that generally benefit the company.
- Proficiency in languages like R, Python, Java, C/C++, Hive, SQL, Pig and more.
- Being able to spot potential issues before they occur.
- Someone who thrives under pressure.
- Having an aptitude for critical thinking.
- A natural leader
- Solid understanding of related technical processes
- A knack for business
- Exceptional communication skills
- Being organized