Director General, Zürich
Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by Badenoch & Clark
The Director General will report to the Board of Directors through the President (Chief Elected Officer) and will be based in Geneva.
- Develop formal vision and mission statements to provide a clear definition of goals and values to the secretary and board, as well as to the stakeholders in the public and private sectors
- Meet the yearly performance goals and fundraising targets
- Translate the organization's vision into an actionable and measurable plan
- Improve global visibility and awareness and secure recognition for the organization's mission, work and accomplishments
- Ensure the financial security of the organization through raising necessary revenues and responsibly managing expenses
- Manage operational budgets to achieve annual fiscal goals set by the Board of Directors
- Maintain professional relationships with key stakeholders (e.g. multi-national 3PLs, governmental organizations, and non-governmental organizations engaged in international logistics, etc.).
Other position Requirements:
- In-depth knowledge of international logistics with ability to understand industry trends and visualize the data and innovation needs of the future
- Proficiency in English with strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong customer focus with ability to interface and engage diverse client groups
- Proven ability to build and nurture networks and initiate effective partnerships among governmental organizations, non-governmental organizations and members
- Demonstrated experience managing key organizational functions including fiscal oversight, resource staffing, and protecting the organizational reputation and brand.