Senior Backend Development Node.js (m/f/d)
Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by optilyz
We are optilyz
optilyz is Europe's leading direct mail automation software. Many successful companies (e.g. Conrad Electronics, HelloFresh, Orsay and Rewe) use our tools to automate the sending of marketing letters, postcards and flyers. Our customers can run extremely profitable cross-channel campaigns with the help of modern technologies bolstered by artificial intelligence.
We are currently in a strong growth phase and are multiplying our sales each year. Some of the world's most renowned investors back us such as DN Capital (also invested in Spotify, Auto1, MisterSpex and Shazam) and FJ Labs (#1 global Angel Investor after Exits). In order to further develop our growth and product, we are always on the lookout for new talent. At optilyz you will be part of a dedicated, motivated and international team which is turning the mailing industry upside down with its enthusiasm and drive. If you want to take on responsibility from day one and drive our mission forward with your ideas and skills, we look forward to receiving your application.
About the Job
- You will lead and be part of a passionate and motivated, international IT team, which is responsible for the designing, coding and testing of scalable, service-oriented web applications with Node.js and React
- You continuously identify opportunities to improve system designs, architecture and implementation standards
- You will follow solid principles, focusing on quality and modern solutions in an agile, test-driven and CI-supported development process in a product-oriented and self-organized team
- You identify opportunities for technical improvements with the IT team and the Product Owner
- You are part of a growing team and work directly with our CTO and co-founders. We offer you a chance to take responsibility and make leading decisions on various exciting projects of our roadmap
- 5+ years of experience in backend development
- Strong collaboration and communication skills, leadership, organization, and the ability to work well in cross-functional, agile team
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated creative problem-solving approach
- Good English skills (spoken and written)
- You care about shipping high quality, reusable code
- You've designed, built and monitored RESTful APIs and microservices before
- Solid knowledge in working with MongoDB and Mongoose
- Good understanding of system design, data modeling and software architecture
- Experience in TDD, BDD and/or DDD are a plus
- Experience or knowledge of AWS are a plus
What we offer
- Opportunity to build a great, data driven company with us, that will fundamentally change direct mail across Europe
- Flat hierarchies and fast decision-making processes
- A perfect environment for your personal and professional development
- The opportunity to make an impact and influence decisions early in the process
- A modern office in the heart of Berlin with plenty of space for productivity and creative ideas (fresh fruit, hot and cold drinks included)
Up for the challenge?
We are looking forward to receiving your application (salary requirements and earliest start date included) in English or German! Your contact person is Diana Susann.
By submitting your application documents, you agree to the storage of your data for the purpose of determining your suitability for this job offer. Your data is available to the HR Department and responsible Hiring Managers. Rejected candidates will be removed from the system in accordance with the statutory deadlines. If you would like your personal data to be deleted earlier, you can always contact us at .
car2go Group GmbH