DevOps Engineer (m/f/d)
Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by Trimble Terrasat GmbH
for GNSS Applications
Founded in 1978, Trimble is a recognized worldwide leader in the development of innovative Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) technology-based products for a wide range of applications and industries ranging from agriculture, construction and engineering, to transportation and wireless communications infrastructure. With current revenue in the region of US$ 3 billion and more than 11.000 employees in more than 35 countries around the world, Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best.
We offer you the thrilling opportunity to join our R&D team focused on developing new software products for the positioning market. Bring your specialized skills and entrepreneurial spirit and make your future with us in this position based at our R&D center in Höhenkirchen near Munich, Germany. We are an international team with more than 80 colleagues from 19 countries and six continents.
You will join the Trimble TerraSat development team in Höhenkirchen near Munich, Germany. TerraSat is Trimble's center of excellence for Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) precise positioning.
Our responsibility is the development and hosting of Trimble Infrastructure Software for real-time network solutions. The GNSS corrections our products create, are the base for the day to day job of many thousand users around the world.
As DevOps Engineer you are part of the development team and the key link between engineering and hosting. The strategy is to develop and integrate the tools for automated hosting and monitoring into the deployment build chain.Key Responsibilities are:
- Design, develop and maintain the hosting environment for our new cloud based application. Take responsibility for the whole operation strategy from build chain over deployment to up-time and health monitoring.
- Develop and implement key measurements and tools to ensure operational excellence in terms of positioning quality, application scalability and availability.
- Quality Assurance for the existing Trimble Network RTK software, the Trimble RTX server software and especially the new cloud based applications supporting high precision positioning.
- Integration of cloud technologies such as Docker-Container (Linux and Windows) and orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes), message broker like RabbitMQ, IoT technologies and automatic scaling into our application. Interact with cloud providers like AWS, Azure or Google as well as on premise.
- Background - University degree in Geodesy, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or similar technical discipline.
- Knowledge - Excellent knowledge in cloud based architecture and state of the art tooling. At least one programming language like C#, C++ or Java script. Understanding of GNSS would be a benefit.
- Quality - Demonstrated usage of different testing platforms, continuous integration processes, and build deployment systems. Knowledge of continuous monitoring and implementation of alarm figures.
- Cooperation - Readiness for cross-team collaboration with other Trimble software engineering teams.
- Current - Up to date with current trends and patterns going on in the world of Cloud development as it changes rapidly.
85635 Höhenkirchen, Germany
If you are interested in this position, please forward your CV to:
All applications will be treated strictly confidential.