Health & Safety Officers
Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by Anonymous
ERM Engineering+ Construction is a long-established mechanical engineering and construction management contractor supporting an international base in Ireland, the UK and mainland Europe. Our current program involves construction, maintenance and shut down projects across the Pharmaceutical, Datacentre, Semiconductor, Petrochemical, Industrial and Commercial sectors.
We currently have a number of excellent opportunities in Ireland in continental Europe for experienced professional Health & Safety Officers.
Preferred candidates will be responsible for: -
* Serving as our Clients representative as Site meetings;
* Ensuring sub-contractor safety statements and required Method statement available on site and assess sub-contractor statements and method statements, assisting.
* Assisting Management in compiling cost records and forecasts for all issues associated with Health & Safety including contract charges, training, purchases.
* Organising and chairing the Safety Meetings for our Client and subcontractors' personnel.
* Ensuring record of statutory inspections kept for all activities and plant equipment;
* Delivering, completing statutory notifications to the Health & Safety Authority for project and all incident / accident reporting and conduct inspector site visits as required by the Health & Safety Authority;
* Conducting regular, formal site audits
* Carrying out inspections as directed in the Safety Management System.
* Delivering Health & Safety induction programmes for new employees or contractors working on site.
* Managing and making recommendations for PPE required for our Clients Employees.
* Advising / assisting Site Management in drafting and communicating Method Statements;
* Compiling, updating and communication site Emergency Plans
* Conducting preliminary accident investigations and statutory notifications.
* Keeping Group Safety Officer updated.
* Ensuring First Aiders are available, and an adequate quantity of First Aid supplies is in stock.
* Min. Health and Safety Cert, Diploma or Degree is essential,
* Min 4+ years relevant site construction experience.
* Previous experience managing safety on site.
* Excellent communication, leadership, training and presentation skills.
* Experience in the construction industry and or Data centre projects ideal
Salary: DOE and qualifications
Job Type: Permanent/Staff - Full time
For further details please forward your Word Format CV and your salary expectations
William Farrell Limited (WFL)