EHS&S Senior Specialist
Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by Orion Group
The EHS&S Specialist will ensure the organisation meets all regulatory and corporate requirements from an EHS&S and Risk Management perspective, coordinating and implementing all assigned tasks related to EHS&S objectives and activities on site.
Main Duties & Responsibilities;
* Ensure robust systems are in place for EHS&S Risk Management, Environmental Management, Chemical Safety Program, Compliance Auditing, Safety Culture, EHS&S training, Accident Investigation, EHS&S communications and EHS&S promotional activities etc. on site.
* Drive EHS&S integration into New Product Introduction activities onsite to ensure site is compliant with pertinent EHS&S regulations and industry best practice.
* Drive EHS&S action tracking system and actively manage the sites CAPA Management system (Corrective and Preventive Actions) and similar software tools oversight building cross functional ownership.
* Engage with other departments within the organization to ensure corrective and preventative actions are understood and implemented.
* Support Machine Safety, Atex, IH and Ergonomics program on site.
* Actively engage with new technologies to help drive process improvements and efficiencies within the EHS&S system.
* Drive EHS&S communication process on site through active EHS&S communications and EHS&S homepage upgrade.
* Report out monthly to management and teams on KPIs in line with EHS&S objectives/targets (planned vs. actual performance).
* Undertake Auditing of EHS&S systems and ensure that corrective actions are closed within a timely manner.
* Ensure the site complies with ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and the company EHS&S Standards.
* Maintain a high standard of documentation in relation to all activities in an orderly and easily retrievable manner.
* Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can drive and manage day to day tasks and projects while collaborating with relevant stakeholders to ensure EHS&S deliverables are met to defined schedules.
Key Competencies required;
- Ability to work independently (a self-starter) or in a team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent Project Management, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Influencing skills
- Team player
Qualifications and Experience;
* Third level qualification or Diploma in Health and Safety
* 5 - 7 years EHS Experience working in Medical Devices
* Experience in identifying corrective actions and solutions for EHS&S hazards and risks identified
* Working knowledge of Irish H&S and Environmental Legislation and regulations
* Proficient in the use of MS Office tools (MS Word, Excel, Power-point). MS Project or similar tool is an advantage.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment