Regional HESQ Advisor - Ireland
Posted on Apr 17, 2019 by Anonymous
The Main requirements is to Provide expert knowledge, advice and support in relations to all aspects of Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality across the business, north and south of Ireland in all branches.
The right candidate will be responsible for advising and monitoring compliance on all legislative regulations, accreditation standards and company policies and procedures, following their induction - together promoting and creating a positive HSEQ culture and workplace environment.
* Represent the values of the business and portray a professional and business-like image to all customers, potential customers and other people you meet in the course of your work;
* Act as the HSEQ project advisor as required by the business;
* Complete general, environmental & fire risk assessments in line with companies procedures;
* Help coach managers to complete risk assessments and identify where high risk is evident and help managers to plan actions to lower the risk where possible and Investigate with managers the cause of serious accidents and incidents and help managers put preventative actions in place, also help review risk assessments after serious accidents.
* Develop localised initiatives to drive HSEQ standards;
* Support team members as and when is deemed necessary;
* Make summary reports after audits with action plans back to line managers and to HSEQ Co-ordinator, to input to monthly board report;
* Issue monthly and weekly summary reports to line managers detailing all visits to branches;
* Attend regional meetings to drive HSEQ standards and best practice and Liaise and engage with key regional stack holders on all areas of HSEQ;
* Proactively drive the companies approach to Serious about Safety;
* Ensure all locations are maintained to our 360◦ brand and be a key driver in serious about safety by leading from the front
* Professional person not easily ruffled under pressure and able to express himself or herself clearly.
* Must be self-motivated and able to deal with all levels of personnel and must be organised and a good time manager, able to plan a schedule ahead.
* Confident in handling queries and problems on the telephone and face to face where appropriate.
* Team player must have ability to communicate and participate with others in team.
* Should have good analytical skills to be able to analyse cause and trends.
* Must have a full, clean, current driving license.
* Willing to undertake further development.
* Process a proven track record of relevant experience along with a portfolio of skills and knowledge, a professional with strong influencing skills alongside the demonstration of good judgement in making business decisions that support HSEQ and the business.
* Multi-site experience is desirable.
* The ideal candidate will have a minimum of NEBOSH General Certificate qualification.
* Must have quality auditing skills for process audits and Awareness of 9001, 14001, 18001 an advantage
* Background in hire industry, logistics, warehousing or construction an advantage.
* Must be able to use Microsoft Office and PC systems for reporting purposes and Willing to undertake further training as appropriate