Posted on Apr 17, 2019 by Anonymous
This position is responsible for carrying out tasks and projects related to raw material, utility, in process, release and stability testing of biotechnology products as required by Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP).
GENERAL SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Achieves a high level of competency in laboratory methods and procedures to support raw material, utility, in process, release and stability testing of biotechnology products.
• Performs routine and non-routine Microbiological and or Biochemical/Chemical testing activities as required.
• Ensures that all testing is completed, reviewed and approved within agreed turnaround times.
• Ensures QC activities are carried out in compliance with product license commitments, cGMP and company quality standards.
• Trains other QC analysts and Manufacturing personnel in laboratory methods and procedures when required.
• Writes/updates and reviews TMs, SOPs and WIs as required.
• Writes and reviews invalid assays, non-conformances and deviations as required.
• Initiates and drives change controls to completion to implement process improvements.
• Actively participates in JBIL lean initiatives such as Kaizen, 5S and Gemba.
• Is an active member of the QC group and provide assistance with other group activities as required.
• Communicates relevant issues to the QC Team Leader promptly.
SPECIFIC TESTING EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Initiation and Maintenance of Mammalian Cell Lines
• Cell Culture Based Bioactivity Testing
• ELIZA Testing
• qPCR Testing
• Environmental Monitoring
• Microbial Identification
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES / DETAILED DUTIES MAY APPLY:
• Deputises for the QC Team Leader as appropriate.
• Maintains and develops knowledge of analytical technology as well as cGMP standards.
• Partners with other departments to ensure that all QC testing activities are completed in a compliant and efficient manner
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to operate as part of a team is critical.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Good knowledge of LIMS, Track wise and Electronic documentations systems.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications such as word, excel, PowerPoint
• Experience working in a high throughput laboratory environment
• Excellent technical writing skills
• Customer focus
• Attention to detail
• Good problem solving skills
• Results and performance driven
• Adaptable and flexible
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• BSc (Honors) in a scientific/technical discipline.
• A minimum of 2 years experience in a QC laboratory-testing environment within the biological and/or pharmaceutical industry.
• Demonstrated knowledge and testing experience in an FDA/HPRA approved QC laboratory
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment