Process Engineer 35800
Posted on Apr 17, 2019 by Anonymous
JOB TITLE: Process Engineer
* Support attainment of key business metrics through the provision of engineering support for value stream processes.
* Elimination of safety and quality risks in the process through the delivery of robust engineering solutions.
* Manage costs through the delivery of scrap, reprocessing and consumable projects.
* Design & develop tools, fixtures, gauges and special equipment for manufacturing operations in conjunction with Toolroom Technicians and outside vendors.
* Develop stable and capable manufacturing processes through a structured process development approach. Preparation of all relevant manufacturing specifications.
* Actively promote a safety culture.
* Manage contractors / vendors working on site to ensure full compliance with site safety requirements.
* Ensure production equipment meets all relevant national and Health, Safety and Environment requirements through completion of required assessments and documentation.
* Competent in validation requirements for new consumables / materials and process changes.
* Updates and maintenance of manufacturing specifications for process steps.
* Ensure timely closure of quality actions such as Audit Actions, NCR's, CAPA's.
* Ensure all process development, validation, etc. is managed in accordance with the Quality management system.
* Support day to day operations through attendance at pulse walks and the timely closure of actions.
* Root Cause Analysis and implementation of robust solutions to supply and quality issues as they arise through tools such as 8D and Six Sigma.
* Project Management - provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities ensuring projects are delivered to agreed timelines.
* Manage the consumables budget for the assigned value stream identifying opportunities for cost reduction and managing the delivery of savings.
* Lead scrap reduction within the value stream through a structured approach to data capture, analysis and problem solving.
* Identify and lead cost and technical improvements under the department's continuous improvement program.
* Provide process input into the value stream mapping process which is used to develop the business plan for the value stream.
* Determine equipment layouts for manufacturing cells using Lean Manufacturing tool as identified.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
* Ability to manage multiple assignments or projects with sound analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
* Flexible work ethic.
* Strong influencing skills.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills.
* Good Problem Solving skills.
* Drive, energy and enthusiasm for delivering to commitments.
* Excellent planning & organisation skills with an attention for detail.
* Extent of confidentiality - discretion is essential in view of contact with outside parties, product development strategies, regulatory and sales information.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
* Degree qualified in a relevant Engineering / Science discipline, with 2+ years relevant experience.
* Demonstrated ability to lead significant projects to completion, on time and within budget.
* Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to make effective decisions.
* Demonstrated ability to understand technical issues and provide practical and cost-effective engineering solutions.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment