OSS Solution Architect
Posted on Apr 17, 2019 by Anonymous
Your approach will be customer focused and aligned to the commercial goals of the business. Youll also drive our values in day to day technical and operational decision making.
· The Three OSS role will encompass at the least the following five functions:
· Network Management Systems (Fault management, configuration management, performance management)
* Customer portal
* Translate 3 ROI Business owner's requirements into specific system, application & process architecture designs.
* Develop and deliver High Level Solution documents (HLSD), and gather requirements in support of documenting the program/project scoped OSS solutions
* Ensuring that the solution architecture is compliant and aligned to the published OSS Architecture blueprints and product, (IT) technology & infrastructure roadmaps.
* Participates in design sessions, review options and provide recommendations while communicating benefits, risks, and constraints to both the business and the various IT stakeholders
* Supporting the production of an RFP for the target OSS tool set
* Work closely with the current OSS Network Performance team, pulling together people, process, SLA's and expectations on how the end state will be delivered
* OSS tooling experience and broad experience within a Consultancy role working for multiple vendors
* Customer centric and solution oriented Telecom OSS architect.
* The individual must possess experience working with stakeholders/vendors as well as show a good understanding of the Telco product portfolio and OSS principles, processes, technology and application engineering
* Domain certifications - eTOM, TMForum, TOGAF, ITIL - would be an added advantage.
* Deep knowledge of IP networks & IP monitoring best practises
* Degree or equivalent in Engineering, Information Technology or similar technical discipline.
* 8+ Years of solid experience in OSS area and specifically in Integrated Fault, Performance, Service, Inventory and TT Management
* Strong understanding of Operational, Performance and Incident OSS Solution
* Hands-on experience & deep knowledge of OSS platforms from recognized Vendors such as IBM Tivoli Netcool, Cramer/Telcordia Inventory and resource/service provisioning, TT Remedy, Infovista/Metrica, Tibso SevOne, HP OV, Solarwinds and OSS-RC as an advantage.
* Excellent presentation skills, able to construct and deliver material appropriate to the audience and situation.
* Very strong Systems Integration capabilities with software development, applications, and infrastructure experience.
* Very strong customer orientation, influence, applied creativity, technical & professional expertise, listening, responding and building trust with customers.
* Experience of leading complex Systems Integration projects for a leading SI using a variety of industry products and technologies.
* Considerable Operations/Engineering experience working for a Network Operator or Service Provider environment
Excellent understanding of Operational and Customer Experience issues related to Fixed Networks