Posted on Apr 17, 2019 by Anonymous
Headcount engineering is seeking an Electrical Engineer for our client's medical device manufacturing facility in Limerick. This is a contract of minimum 12 months duration.
* Develop, maintain and implement machine safety and electrical engineering systems that integrate harmoniously into a fast-paced medical device engineering project structure.
* Ensure organisation meets corporate and regulatory requirements from a machine safety and electrical engineering perspective.
* Coordinate and collaborate with numerous international parties including sister plants and global corporate oversight bodies, in the defining and shaping of machine safety and electrical engineering standards and strategies that integrate coherently with the existing project systems.
* Coordinate the plant electrical runability team, by directing and supporting the team as and when required in the troubleshooting and resolving of plant electrical issues.
* Identify, manage and coordinate when senior plant electrical engineering expertise is required for applicable projects.
* Manage and develop electrical engineering standards applicable to the requirements of the site for issue to relevant vendors.
* Manage existing and required machine safety and electrical systems so that they remain current, useable, and fit for purpose.
* Investigate and produce scope requirements for all projects where improvements in machine safety or electrical systems can be incorporated in to planned projects.
* Maintain current generic machine safety and electrical URS specification documentation to ensure they remain compliant with regulatory and corporate requirements.
* Develop and maintain site machine safety and electrical FAT and SAT procedures, to ensure relevant systems are in place to allow for all projects to be validated to all required specifications.
* Develop and maintain electrical quality management system
* Source, manage and co-ordinate all plant electrical contractors and ensure suitable completion exists with regard to electrical pricing.
* Project Manage all in-house plant electrical projects.
* Management and delivery of a new in-house automation and electrical workshop/lab, where off-line testing, repairs and equipment optimisation can be executed safely and in compliance with all corporate equipment and safety standards.
* Review and update as required, all electrical project scope documents, to insure the inclusion of all site electrical strategies for machine safety, obsolescence, runability and any other relevant issues.
* Drafting of Electrical Project RFQ's for approval by senior electrical engineering.
* On line support for Electrical FAT and SAT activities as required for compliance with relevant standards and procedures.
* Degree in Electrical Engineering with a background in machine safety a distinct advantage
* 7 - 10 years Electrical Engineering working in a Manufacturing facility. Medical Device or similar a distinct advantage.
* Experience in identifying corrective actions and solutions for project, and electrical hazards identified.
* Experience in the completion of electrical inspection and verification test protocols.
* Proficient in the use of Electrical Engineering systems similar to EPLAN P8, Amtech, Autodesk Vault and CAD.
For further information, please contact Mick on (phone number removed) or forward details in confidence to