POWER CONVERTER ENGINEER | Geneva - Adecco
Posted on Apr 17, 2019 by Adecco
POWER CONVERTER ENGINEER
Your mission:Role Summary/Purpose:
This role aims to support the development of AC/DC and DC/AC converters within the Substations business unit. The purpose of the unit is to provide our customers with traction fixed installation solutions that comply with the highest safety and quality standards. This includes train braking energy recovery systems that increase the overall efficiency of the system.
· Analysis of customer specifications
· Design of AC/DC and DC/AC converters in the range of 1-10MW and V
· Modelling of Voltage Source and Line Commutated Converters
· Specification of components (IGBT/Thyristors, cooling, magnetics)
· DC & AC Harmonics calculation and filter design
· Verification of compliance with specifications and standards
· Prototype validation and testing
Your profile :· Master's Degree or above in Electrical Engineering or related field with a minimum of 5 years of experience in Power Electronics
· Understanding of functional characteristics of Power Electronics and knowledge of control for converters
· Knowledge in IGBT-based Voltage source Converters (VSC). Knowledge of Thyristor-based Line Commutation Converters (LCC) is a plus
· Knowledge of simulation tools like PSCAD, MATLAB/SIMULINK, PLECS, etc
· A positive attitude, initiative, proactiveness and an enthusiasm and passion for power electronics and traction engineering
· Demonstrable success in achieving and exceeding customer milestones
· Good problem solving and solution building skills
· Good communication skills to team, peers, and management
Your success in our globally operating company will be supported by an ambitious international team, excellent working conditions as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Votre contactGilles Duret, Deputy Branch Manager is waiting for your actualy resume. Please apply with this link : eMail.
Merci de préciser la référence 102-GILD-152788-109-FR.
Huxley Banking & Financial Services