Multi-Skilled Textile Operative - Various Shifts
Posted on May 17, 2019 by Recruitment Genius
Key Tasks and Accountabilities:
- Ensure that the input materials conform to the order requirements as instructed by the supervisor.
- Ensure that output materials conform to the highest quality standards to maintain customer satisfaction.
- Diagnose the reasons for and remedy faulty material.
- Carry out machine operation functions as per job breakdown.
- Report machine faults and any processing difficulties which cannot be readily rectified, to the supervisor in a timely manner so as not to hinder production.
- Promote continuous improvement initiatives to make production as efficient as possible.
- Work as part of a team.
Knowledge and aptitudes required:
- Experience of working in textile manufacturing, particularly a multi-skilled woollen spinning factory
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills
- Knowledge of the yarn processing
- Previous experience, or the ability, to operate machinery and follow set procedures and instructions
- Knowledge and understanding of quality, shade, blend and other lot identification systems would be an advantage
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Results orientated with excellent time management skills
- Self-motivated and flexible
- Works with a positive approach and a desire to multi-skill
- Demonstrates attention to detail and thoroughness
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good colour acuity / recognition
- Ability to carry out manual handling tasks
Get the Recruitment Genius Advantage today. As the UK's largest online recruitment advertising company placing more candidates than anyone else.