Financial Controller - Renewable Energy Company
Posted on May 17, 2019 by Recruitment Genius
They also have a smaller spin-off company that manufactures automated water intake screening systems and are developing a new heat collector product for water-source heat pumps that will shortly be moving into production. The team are an intelligent, friendly and enthusiastic group of people.
- Day-to-day financial activities and bookkeeping
- Maintaining and improving the financial systems
- Defining new projects and setting them up
- Analysing time and project cost data
- Ensuring all invoicing is timely and accurate
- Managing sales and purchase ledgers
- Estimating WIP to feed into the monthly accounts
- Preparing monthly and annual accounts
- Payroll and pensions
- HMRC and Companies House reporting
- Working on the financial aspects of tenders for new projects
- End of Project Reviews to summarise performance
- Financial input into the business plan and strategy
The company finances are ordered and accurate, and we want to maintain that ethos. Therefore you will need to demonstrate a desire and ability to get numbers to match to the penny and have the tenacity to get to the bottom of anything that doesn't add up; only by doing that can we be confident that our invoicing is accurate. The current Financial Controller will be available for the foreseeable future to support and assist with a comprehensive handover. The company has good quality infrastructure and systems in place to capture and track financial data and they use Xero software.
The salary would be £30 - 35k depending on experience, including their Staff Incentive Scheme which redistributes 25% of their net profit to staff on a quarterly basis. The bonus scheme typically adds 20% to base salaries, once eligible.
Secure parking is available right outside the office.
Full-time hours would be preferred, but more flexible hours could be possible provided everything still got done.
The business is based in a beautiful historic water mill in Brimscombe, Stroud, overlooking the river with a garden outside. Most people drive to work, but cycling is possible along the canal towpath from Stroud.
For the right person who enjoys the financial side of business and wants to work for a small progressive business that is making a positive contribution to the environment by developing renewable energy projects, this would be a great opportunity to join an intelligent team of like-minded people.
£18k - £20k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual
£26k - £30k Annual
£11.5 - £12.5 Hourly