Manager Project Engineering
Posted on May 17, 2019 by Michael Page
Taken en verantwoordelijkhedenEvery product they make is bespoke, which means they need the Project Engineers to communicate with clients, gathering all relevant information to ensure products are manufactured to the correct specifications. As the Project Engineering Manager, you would be responsible to ensure this structure is in place and delivers. Are you skilled in building a great team (10 fte)? Are you adept at structuring and streamlining processes to ensure you and your team work smart and deliver what the customer wants? In addition to this, the following additional tasks are part of the role but is not an exclusive or exhaustive list:
- Communicate and plan the EDT (Expected Delivery Time) of the products;
- Ensure all necessary information is available for the engineering departments;
- Manage the customer's expectations in regards to scope, quality, lead times and EDT;
- Coordinate with internal and external resources, i.e. Service Engineers, Commissioning Engineers and so forth;
- Manage and facilitate communication across all departments to ensure the projects objectives and business needs are met;
- Handle scope changes in case they are needed;
- Supervision and guidance of all project coordinators/managers as well as all document controllers;
- Set up performance management system for all staff under your supervision;
- Ensure the team takes ownership over the process and the shipments in order to keep them on time.
- Measure, report and improve team's output (for example: number of orders, amount of orders, outstanding documentation, number of days required for data collection).
Be the difference by delivering tailor-made engineering solutions
A global market leader with an international character
ProfielAs the Project Engineering Manager you will work effectively, guiding and leading the department to their potential and improving their processes. You are expected to take a hands-on approach and help where needed. In addition to this, the successful role holder should also have the following:
- Several years' experience in managing a team;
- Experience with coordinating/managing of projects from start to delivery;
- A Bachelor in Engineering, business economics, science or equivalent;
- Creative in problem solving;
- Positive attitude;
- Able to work in a dynamic environment and influence on all levels within the organization;
- Experience with working under pressure and lead people to achieve results;
- Hands-on mindset and not afraid to take on some of the work yourself;
- Fluent in English and living in the Netherlands.
Over onze klantOur client is a global market leader who designs and manufactures safety products within the process industry. The safety of people at work is central to our clients' products. They are committed to ensuring safety within the workplace.
AanbodOur client offers a competitive package with training and progression opportunities.