Equality, Diversity & Inclusivity Advisor (Penryn)
Posted on May 17, 2019 by University of Exeter
Permanent opportunity for an Equality, Diversity & Inclusivity Advisor (Penryn). This is a full-time position which could be considered on a job-share basis.
Summary of the role
Equality, diversity and inclusion is an essential part of the University of Exeter's values and enriches employment,research, studying and learning experiences here and in the community. We are proud to be attracting talented staff and students from across the world with diverse identities, ethnicities, perspectives and backgrounds. We are committed to promoting equality and deeply value our engagement with external accreditations to drive constant, productive change within all aspects of our institution to ensure that we are an open, inclusive and safe community for all.
Available immediately, this permanent position will play a key role in supporting and assisting in the development and implementation of equality and diversity strategies, policies and procedures for the University including engagement with external equality accreditations at institutional, College and department level.
The role will focus on all equalities communities with a particular focus on supporting the institutional gender equality agenda including our Athena SWAN work across all campuses.
Supporting Colleges and Professional Services in driving forward their inclusivity agendas will also be a key element of the role.
You will need to be a proactive self-starter;have a keen interest in and understanding of equality matters with the desire to make a real difference within the Higher Education environment; and be able to demonstrate the following:
- An informed and operational knowledge of the equality, diversity and inclusivity agenda
- Operational experience of working towards at least one aspect of the equality, diversity and inclusivity agenda
- Experience of delivering presentations and training to a range of stakeholders
- Ability to analyse and present qualitative and quantitative data
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to form effective working relationships with professional and academic staff
- Experience of organising meetings, taking minutes and coordinating actions
The University of Exeter is a Disability Confident and Mindful Employer and whilst all applicants will be judged on merit alone, we particularly welcome applications from groups currently underrepresented in the workforce.
You can view the Job Description and Person Specification document here.
The University of Exeter
We are a member of the prestigious Russell Group of research-intensive universities and in the top 150 universities in the world (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2019). We combine world-class teaching with world-class research, achieving a Gold rating in the Teaching Excellence Framework Award 2017.
Our research income in recent years means we're fastest growing UK Research University and we seek to answer some of the most fundamental issues facing humankind today through this. 98% of our research is international quality (2014 Research Excellence Framework) and we encourage proactive engagement with industry, business and community partners to enhance the impact of research and education and improve the employability of our students.
- We offer some fantastic benefits including:
- 39 days leave per year
- options for flexible working
- numerous discounts at leading retailers
- onsite gyms on all of our campus' and a cycle to work scheme
- sector leading policies around maternity, adoption and shared parental leave (up to 26 weeks full pay), paternity leave (up to six weeks full pay) and a new Fertility Treatment Policy
- stunning campus environments in Exeter and Cornwall, in the beautiful South West of England
If the above sounds like you then we would love to hear from you. For further information, please contact Dorcas Cowan, email , or telephone 725265.
Interviews are expected to be held in early June 2019.
With over 22,000 students and 5,500 staff from 180 different countries we offer a diverse and engaging environment in which to work. We are an equal opportunity employer, a Disability Confident employer and an Athena Swan accredited institution. Whilst all applicants will be judged on merit alone, we particularly welcome applications from groups currently underrepresented in the workforce.
£9 - £9 Hourly
£15.7 - £15.7 Hourly
£40k - £40k Annual
£20k - £25k Annual