Medical Assistant- Non Certified
Posted on May 17, 2019 by Austin Heart
DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
We are looking for an exceptional Patient Care Technician (Non-Certified) to join our team. We believe in our team and your ability to help us provide high quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.
- Performs timely procedures for subsequent evaluation and treatment by attending physician.
- Assists with performing quality control measures.
- Provides patient education materials when needed.
- Assists with managing patient administrative functions including handling patient relations, check-in/check-out, scheduling, insurance verification, collection of copays, and answering phones.
- Taking patient histories and vital signs including ensuring all EHR is current.
- Assists physician in preparing for minor surgeries and physicals including maintaining supplies/equipment and sterilization.
- Assists in maintaining budgeted supply expense.
- One year of experience in patient care is highly preferred.
- Active and unrevoked medical assistant certification is highly preferred.