Proofreader (Document Administrator)
Posted on May 17, 2019 by Paradigm Management Services L
At Paradigm, the ultimate measure of our success is whether we help an injured worker and their family live a better life. For almost 30 years, weve set the standard for workers compensation cases involving the most challenging catastrophic injuries. Thats because we know that when we focus on the patient, we deliver better value for our clients as well. Now with our expanded set of services, our mission-driven, outcomes-focused approach is available to a much broader range of complex injuries. Please visit us at to learn more.
Were seeking a full-time proofreader to work in our Walnut Creek office. In this position, you would be part of a team responsible for thoroughly reviewing and proofreading clinical contracts and reports, ensuring that each document meets our quality standards and is accurately distributed to clients.
To be considered, candidates must have at least two years of high-volume proofreading and/or copy editing experience, be extremely detail-oriented, and possess superior grammar, punctuation, and spelling skills as well as strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook. The ability to work in a deadline-oriented production environment is essential. Knowledge of medical terminology is a plus.
Paradigm Outcomes offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent education.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Two or more years of experience in proofreading.
- Excellent skills in grammar, punctuation, and spelling, and the ability to express ideas concisely and cogently.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word, and proficiency in Outlook.
- Must demonstrate an ongoing willingness to learn new word processing and database management programs.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace: English.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively in person, on the phone, electronically, or through other means to individuals and groups.
- Medical transcription/terminology experience desired and/or demonstrated ability to learn medical terminology.
- Responsible for complying with Paradigm IT security requirement and policies.
- Responsible for safeguarding Paradigm or Paradigm related IT passwords.
- Responsible for notifying Paradigm of any IT security incidents per Policy No. 255 Information Security Incident Management.