Posted on May 17, 2019 by CAN Community Health
Statement of Purpose: This position is responsible for the provision of nursing care under the direct responsibility of a Physician. Works as part of a team to enhance patient quality of life. Ensures all documentation is compliant with professional and legal standards.
- Performs medical intake procedures including labs, vital signs and history.
- Maintains and stocks inventory of clinical supplies
- Triages patient phone calls and walk-ins.
- Orders prescription refills.
- Prepares all diagnostic documentation as needed for patient care.
- Performs specimen processing.
- Practices safety, environmental and/or infection control methods.
- Documents all patient care in an accurate and timely manner.
- Prepares and distributes reports within the clinic and to the health care team as necessary.
- Prepares records/documents in response to requests from other health care providers.
- Requests diagnostic test results from other health care providers.
- Provides assistance with referrals and coordinates services with other organizations, federal and local programs.
- Collaborates with clinic team members to coordinate patient services.
- Promotes and practices CANs values and mission, and adheres to all policies and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding patient and/or family in accordance with professional and departmental standards.
- Adheres to ethical and legal standards of practice.
- Provides assistance in all clinical areas.
- Continues professional training and education to advance knowledge and skills of HIV/AIDS.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement of services rendered to CAN clients.
- Develops and fosters networking relationships with community and support resources.
- Utilizes resources and supplies in a cost effective manner.
- Demonstrates courtesy, compassion and respect in all interpersonal relationships with CAN clients, staff and visitors.
- Maintains professional manner in all aspects of job tasks.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Responsible To: RN Team Leader
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 30 pounds unassisted.
- LPN graduate of an accredited school of nursing currently licensed to practice in the State of Florida
- Valid drivers license
- Electronic Medical Records classes through SuccessEHS
- HIV classes through local health departments or on-line
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Demonstrates knowledge of HIV medical terminology, procedures, medications and accepted treatment practices.
- Demonstrates knowledge of OSHA rules, regulations and mandates.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with patients, visitors and staff members.
- Ability to utilize problem-solving techniques, be a self-starter, work effectively, organized and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to read, understand, follow and enforce safety procedures.