Posted on May 17, 2019 by CAN Community Health
Statement of Purpose: Provides and coordinates direct nursing services and procedures to patients. Works as part of a multidisciplinary team to enhance patient quality of life through competent medical intervention. Ensures all documentation is in compliance with professional and legal standards.
- Performs complete patient evaluation and assessment.
- Records and reports symptoms, reactions, treatments and changes in patients conditions.
- Accurate assimilation, interpretation and reporting of changing patient data
- Maintains confidentiality regarding patient and/or family in accordance with established protocols.
- Reviews charts of patients on a daily basis to ensure all necessary documentation is present, current, and complete to facilitate physician visit.
- Assists with data collection as requested
- Documents any risk assessment activities.
- Triages patient phone calls and walk-ins, and prioritizes emergencies for medical referral.
- Demonstrates courtesy, compassion, and respect in all interpersonal and intraprofessional relationships with CAN clients, staff, and visitors.
- Adheres to ethical and legal standards of professional practice.
- Maintains professional manner in all aspects of job tasks
- Process all referrals as quickly as possible
- Reevaluate and follow-up on patients treatment and health status
- Counsel and educate individuals on health related and lifestyle issues
- To evaluate the efficacy of education and counseling approaches and strategies
- Delegates activities to support staff within the scope of practice
- Documents all patient care in an accurate, timely, legible manner in compliance with Board of Nursing Protocol.
- Participates in clinic-related research activities and is aware of relevant research protocols under direction of physician investigator
- Promotes and practices CANs, mission and values, and follows its policies and procedures.
- Protects organizations value by keeping information confidential in accordance with HIPAA, professional and departmental standards.
- Files physician dictations, lab reports, referrals, and flow sheets daily.
- Randomly audits charts from a quality improvement perspective, documents findings, and makes recommendations for continuous improvement
- Copies and forwards any/all medical information as requested by physician
- Continues ongoing personal professional training and education to advance skills/knowledge of HIV and related disease processes, medications, and treatments.
- Provides assistance in all clinical areas, as needed, and supported by professional licensure and accepted, appropriate medical protocols.
- Utilize resources in a cost effective manner.
- Performs Venipuncture and Vaccinations
Responsible To: RN Supervisor. Requirements:
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills Required:
- Demonstrates knowledge of HIV documentation protocols.
- Demonstrates experience with OSHA mandates, documentation, and compliance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of medical terminology, procedures, medications, and accepted treatment practices.
- Ability and willingness to make independent nursing decisions based on nursing assessment.
- Demonstrates ability to self motivate.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Demonstrates ability to coordinate a multitude of tasks as required.
- Maintains ongoing, appropriate documentation of all activities as needed.
- Ability to utilize problem-solving techniques.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures
- Knowledge of patient evaluation and triage procedures.
- Knowledge of community health services and agencies
- Ability to apply principals of health promotion and disease prevention.
- Able to work with health professional in a team environment.
Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients manual and finger dexterity and eye- hand coordination. Requires visual and auditory acuity, frequent standing and walking for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift a minimum of 30 pounds unassisted.
- RN graduate of an accredited school of nursing currently licensed to practice in the State of Florida.
- Baccalaureate in Nursing and two (2) years of relevant work experience OR
- Associate of Arts in Nursing and three (3) years of relevant work experience
- CPR Certified
Minimum two years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
$20 - $24 Hourly