Warehouse Lead - Price Engineering
Posted on May 17, 2019 by SunSource
Price Engineering, a SunSource company, is an engineering and distribution company that serves Mobile and Industrial markets who need fluid power products and services. Price's design assistance expertise guides our customers from product selection to fully-engineered hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and automation systems and solutions.
We currently have a need for a Warehouse Lead responsible for helping direct the daily activities of the warehouse team by providing prioritization of work and helping ensure procedures and processes are followed to meet efficiency, safety and productivity standards.Additional essential functions include:
Oversee daily incoming and outgoing shipments for efficient and accurate processing
- Ensure all rush shipments are processed same day
- Operate inventory carousel(s) to pull and put away inventory as needed
- Act as back-up or fill-in for all positions in warehouse team as needed
- Oversee orderly and efficient movement of material such that material does not sit on floors or in aisle ways
- Work with Shop Supervisor to ensure efficient flow of material to shop floor for maintaining production schedules
- Work with appropriate departments, areas or contacts to resolve any damaged, defective, or otherwise incorrect shipments
- Help direct employees of department to ensure all daily work is processed and complete by end of day
- Assist with management of department to maintain a high level of safety, organization, and cleanliness
- Order supplies as necessary for department with Manager approval
- Strive to meet and assist with corporate quality standards. Assist with documentation of procedures and processes for ISO standards and for departmental guidelines
- Other responsibilities and/or projects as assigned by management
The qualified individual will have the following skills and experience:
- 5+ years in Warehouse operations including leading teams.
- Minimum H.S. diploma/G.E.D. AAS in mechanical field a plus or formal training in related field or a suitable combination of related training and work experience
Good computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) applications. Familiarity with Prophet21 software is a plus.
- Positive attitude a must
- Extremely detail oriented with excellent follow-thru
- Knowledge standard shipping methods, processes, & protocols
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to research, analyze, and solve problems
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work on a regular basis
- Good time management and organizational skills
Working at Price isnt just a job, but a collaboration of technical specialists, office professionals, engineers and more. Our team is carefully selected for their experience, energy and imagination in order to relentlessly pursue every possible solution for our customers.
So if you are a self-motivated individual and effective in achieving customer service success through your professional accomplishments then we want to hear from you!
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
WE PARTICIPATE IN E-VERIFY PROGRAM
Keyword: "hydraulic technician", "Hydraulic systems", "hydraulic repair", "Hydraulic Mechanic", "hydraulic machinist", "pump technician", "pump mechanic", "machinist", "service and repair", "hydraulic troubleshooting"