Posted on May 17, 2019 by Pairwise
Job ID 2
# of Openings 1
Pairwise believes healthy food should be affordable, convenient, and sustainable. We believe gene editing can be used to accelerate plant breeding in leveraging the natural genetic diversity in agricultural crops to address global food challenges. We are bringing the benefits of these new innovations both to producers and directly to consumers through the produce aisle of their local grocery store. Located in the Raleigh-Durham metro area, Pairwise was formed in 2017 and has plans to add about 100 employees over the next year to help meet our aggressive product development goals.
Pairwise is looking to hire motivated and collaborative scientists into its R & D organization to help achieve a broad set of scientific goals and be part of developing our scientific strategy. This role is for a Crop Scientist/Geneticist on the Product Discovery team. This role will play a key part in developing our strategy around crop traits in both crop species and consumer species. We are looking for scientists with a PhD or equivalent level of training and the ability to work independently and as part of the team. Your contribution will be critical to helping Pairwise meet a set of aggressive targets and building a culture where science can be fun.
- PhD or equivalent experience in Genetics, Molecular Genetics, Botany, Plant Science, Crop Science, Plant Physiology or related field with strong preference for candidates with relevant experience in crop systems
- Strong track record of scientific innovation, formulating research, and developing and executing novel systems and tools
- Demonstrated ability to deliver scientific results in a cross functional environment
- Remain current in targeted area and scientific discipline
- Provide insight into the development of target crop and consumer traits
- Develop trait strategies to guide editing efforts
- Plan and execute experiments to understand the genetic underpinnings of crop traits
- Collaborate across multifunctional teams to find new insights and drive the innovation culture
- Collaborate with universities and other scientific organizations to bring diverse thought into Pairwise