Posted on May 17, 2019 by NORLIFT OF OREGON INC
This position performs preventative maintenance on all customer and rental forklift models that our company distributes. This includes lubrication, oil and filter changes and inspection of various hoses, belts, tire, seats and overall condition and operation check of the forklift.
• Performs preventative maintenance (PMs) on all heart of the line products for both customers and our rental department equipment using the most current PM checklist.
• This work will include lubrication, oil and filter changes and inspection of various hoses, bets, tires and seats. Perform other work as detailed on the latest PM checklist.
• Also inspects equipment for its overall condition and operation.
• Perform light repairs that mainly involve the use of hand tools in
removing, repairing and replacing parts, and make all necessary adjustments for proper operation.
• Complete legible service documents and submit them on a timely basis.
• Represent the company in a professional manner and comply with all company policies and procedures.
• Maintain work area/service van according to Company guidelines.
• Employ safe work habits.
• Attend periodic training sessions and safety meetings.
• Complete all work consistent with Company guidelines for productivity and quality.
• Either basic level general mechanic training or prior experience at an entry level Mechanic position.
• Ability to self-manage assigned PMs, (preventative maintenance accounts) and company equipment.
• Must have tool inventory as prescribed by the Company (specific for this level digital photos and independent review and signoff required).
• Must have satisfactory DMV report.
• Ability to lift parts and tools weighing up to 70 lb.
• Ability to lift and move up to 250 lb. with use of hoist apparatus
• Must pass pre-placement drug and physical examination.
• Must have 20-20 vision or corrected vision in both eyes.
• Must have good hearing in both ears.
• Ability to complete a work week without excessive physical or mental fatigue
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Must manage appropriate paperwork accordance with company procedures
• Good work characteristics
o Mature Judgment
o Acceptance of responsibility
o Self Motivated and Conscientious
o Great Customer service skills and communications with Customer
o Prompt, responsive, and courteous manner
o Flexibility to perform several tasks simultaneously
o Take initiative and be resourceful
• Personal characteristics
o Positive Attitude
o Team Player
o Professional appearance and manner
o Even temperament