Mechanical Designer (Automation) Price Engineering
Posted on May 17, 2019 by SunSource
Price Engineering, a SunSource company, is an engineering and distribution company that serves Mobile and Industrial markets who need fluid power products and services. Price's design assistance expertise guides our customers from product selection to fully engineered hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and automation systems and solutions.
The Mechanical Designer (Design Engineer) will provide technical design support and expertise to the Sales & Engineering efforts within a specific product line (80/20).
- Mechanical design project engineer within the automation business unit.
- Primary activity supports design of 80/20TM framework solutions including machine bases, work stations, machine guarding, lean manufacturing solutions.
- Additional projects to include gripper tooling, small pick-n-place work-cell design, brackets and mounts, integration of motors and slides.
- Assist sales & engineering in developing customer requirements, specifications and statement of work.
- Estimate costing for hydraulic systems and write a brief summary of the hydraulic system and statement of work.
- 2-D & 3-D CAD Software for layout drawings and fabricated parts details.
- Operating data managing software.
- Create and maintain accurate bills of materials.
- Work with manufacturing, test technicians to insure system meets customer requirements. Solve design problems.
- Coordinate the required documentation and ensure that the changes are implemented on a timely basis.
- Troubleshoot problems and provide field support of necessary.
General Education and Experience:
Education: A.S. degree in an engineering or technical related field minimum
- 0-5 years experience in design of mechanical components and assemblies in an industrial manufacturing segment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional time management experience.
- Self-motivated, energetic, and able to work within an assigned group or autonomously.
- Strong applied math skills.
- Proficient computer skills utilizing MS Office products
- Willing to learn from a pool of ultra-talented engineers and sales professionals.
- Skilled in AutoCAD
Working at Price isnt just a job, but a collaboration of technical specialists, office professionals, engineers and more. Our team is carefully selected for their experience, energy and imagination in order to relentlessly pursue every possible solution for our customers.
So if you are a self-motivated individual and effective in achieving customer service success through your professional accomplishments then we want to hear from you!
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
WE PARTICIPATE IN E-VERIFY PROGRAM
Keywords: "mechanical designer", "mechanical engineer", "manufacturing engineering", "design engineer",