Pricing Manager - McCarty Product
Posted on May 17, 2019 by SunSource
GHX Industrial, LLC is a growing, dynamic company. With roots traced back to 1937, GHX today is a highly recognized value-added distributor - fabricator of industrial gaskets and hoses with offices nationwide. GHXs customer base consists of large refining and petrochemical customers, upstream oil and gas service and supply companies, OEMs, and mineral and mining enterprises.
We are currently seeking an experienced Pricing Manager located at our Corporate Office in the NE Houston, TX area. The successful candidate will be responsible for setting strategy and leading a team to execute GHX Industrials pricing model. This role will provide overall direction to managers and cross functional teams to help establish pricing strategy that aligns with the enterprise wide pricing system. The Pricing Manager will collaborate with Corporate Leadership to ensure consistency and continuous improvement in the pricing system and optimization of gross margin results.
1. Lead and develop company pricing strategy with leadership in order to meet yearly gross profit objectives.
2. Develops ideas and baseline metrics to identify and develop pricing processes and measure models for optimal pricing effectiveness to drive gross margin improvements.
3. Partners with business unit leaders, pricing team leaders, as well as cross functional teams to align sales and pricing strategy. Promotes and influences with ideas in proposing innovative solutions that optimally align price with value to drive revenue, customer retention, profit, etc.
4. Authorizes or directs who authorizes all matrix pricing records including changes, additions, and overrides.
5. Evaluates effectiveness of pricing strategies, identifies gaps and opportunities; develops and implements processes to reduce pricing overrides.
6. Researches and analyzes Market based pricing to support pricing strategy.
7. Responsible for training on pricing strategies and making informal presentations to provide brief, easy to understand insights and recommendations.
8. Participates in companywide Pricing Best Practices team.
Education & Experience Requirements:
Education: Bachelors Degree; preferably in Finance / Business with strong analytical background.
Experience: Candidate must possess at least 6-8 years of experience in Pricing & Sales Analytics and at least 3 years leading a team within a distribution environment. Proven ability to manage pricing strategy across various channels in a multi-location environment beneficial.
Knowledge and Skills: Sound analytical and problem solving skills and experience driving insights from data, trends in both pricing and sales analytics. Must be able to develop thorough understanding lead-to-order process product/service price list, configure/price/quote (CPQ), order management, etc. Demonstrated experience in developing and obtaining support for business plans and strategies by influencing cross-functional management
Accountability: Demonstrates an understanding of the link between ones own job responsibilities and overall organizational goals and needs, and performs ones job with the broader goals in mind.
Communication: Creates an atmosphere in which timely and high quality information flows smoothly both up the organization and down, inside the organization; encourages open expression of ideas and opinions.
Energy/Drive for Results: Demonstrates concern for achieving or surpassing results against an internal or external standard of excellence, shows a passion for improving the delivery of services with a commitment to continuous improvement.
Problem Solving/Analytical Thinking: Builds a logical approach to address problems or opportunities or manage the situation at hand by drawing on own knowledge and experience base and calling on other references and resources as necessary.
Planning and Organizing: Establishes a systematic course of action for self or others to ensure accomplishment of a specific objective. Sets priorities, goals and timetables to achieve maximum productivity
Interpersonal Relationships: Thinks carefully about the likely effect on others of ones words, actions, appearance and mode of behavior. Maintains stable performance and emotional control when faced with opposition, pressure, hostility from others and/or stressful conditions.
- High level of organization and ability to coordinate with functional support groups as well Sales Force and Customer Service to achieve results.
- Experience in highly matrix situations.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively.
- Strong analytical skills
- Must have strong financial background.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; experience in preparing presentations at the executive level
- We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
WE PARTICIPATE IN E-VERIFY PROGRAM