RN Resource Opt 1 - Endoscopy - Kettering Medical Center
Posted on May 17, 2019 by Kettering Health Network
Job Category Nursing
Job Type Resource (PRN)
Shift Varied Shifts
# of Openings 1
Posted Date 2 months ago
KETTERING HEALTH NETWORK AT A GLANCE
Taking pride in our Sacred Work, Kettering Health Network is committed to transforming the healthcare experience with world class health services for our patients and their families. We strive to improve the quality of life of those in our community. Located in southwest Ohio, Kettering Health Network is a not-for-profit network of eight hospitals, nine emergency departments and 120 outpatient facilities.
KETTERING MEDICAL CENTER ENDOSCOPY
The Kettering Medical Center Operating Room consists of 21 operating suites with cases involving general, heart, orthopedic, neuro, and robotic surgery. Kettering Medical Center is a Level II trauma facility that has earned national recognition in Orthopedics and Heart, further supporting the innovation of the Operating Room team. The Operating Room is dedicated to physician and staff engagement, demonstrated through strong partnerships and a team-oriented environment.
The Registered Nurse utilizes the nursing process in providing nursing care to patients in all settings in collaboration with other health care providers. The RN is accountable for his/her own professional development and practice within the scope of care defined by law. Utilizing organizational resources the RN acts as a patient advocate for the delivery of safe care including delegation of care and participation in performance and practice improvement activities. The delivery of nursing care within the Kettering Health Network reflects the missions, vision, values and philosophies, of the organization and nursing departments.
The Registered Nurse reports to the Clinical Nurse Manager.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Disability, both short and long term, provided with buy-up option
- Life insurance coverage at 1.0 times the annual salary
- Eligibility for participation in KHN retirement plan
- Paid time off accrual bank based on denominational years of service
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Graduated from an accredited school of nursing (ACEN or CCNE).
- Bachelor of Science in nursing preferred. Effective June 2010, all RNs hired are required to obtain within 5-years of hire.
- Must be actively licensed in the State of Ohio as a Registered Nurse.
- Current BLS certification is required.
- ACLS, NRP, and PALS as determined by unit scope of practice.
- Prior experience desired.
- Must be willing to work at Kettering or Sycamore Campus Endo depts.