Posted on May 17, 2019 by Software Specialists
Title: Administrative Coordinator
Location: Boston, MA
Duration: 3 months Contract
Shift: 35 hrs/week (Mon - Fri: 9AM-5PM)
- The Office of the Vice Provost for Research (OVPR) is responsible for pre-award administration of grants and contracts; supporting investigators in developing proposals and funding strategies for their research and scholarship; protection, management, and licensing of the intellectual property.
- Working with other administrative offices to create an environment at the that encourages and facilitates research.
- The OVPR assures that the services and resources provided by the units under its direction meet the needs of the research community and satisfies the requirements of laws and regulations that govern research, and protecting the interests.
- This includes policy development, strategic planning, and oversight.
- The OVPR also works closely with the research leadership of the schools and Medical Centre to promote cooperation, collaboration, and sharing of resources to maintain a positive working relationship between the schools and with the hospital.
- Additionally, the OVPR maintains close working relationships with faculty and department chairs in order to keep abreast of the needs and direction of research and to foster an environment of open communication and responsiveness.
- The Administrative Coordinator is a member of the OVPR's Business Operations team and is responsible for a wide array of administrative functions that support the day-to-day operation of the office.
- These include, but are not limited to: managing office supply inventory; completing routing procurement tasks; tracking and allocating expenses; processing business and travel expense reimbursements; assisting with time-off tracking and reporting; coordinating meetings; onboarding new employees; and overseeing the maintenance and or repair of office computers, equipment, space, and telephones.
- The Administrative Coordinator also serves as the first point for the office and is responsible for greeting guests and directing them to the appropriate staff member, fielding phone inquiries, and distributing mail.
- The Administrative Coordinator participates in routine administrative staff meetings, assists in the development and implementation of standard operating procedures, and works on special projects, including planning and organizing internal and outward-facing events.
- Lastly, the Administrative Coordinator serves as a back-up for his or her counter-parts.