Azure Power BI Developer
Posted on May 17, 2019 by Neem Consulting
- Min of 6 to 8 year of overall IT experience
- Working knowledge of Data Warehousing concepts and BI Reporting Tools.
- Should have executed at least one end to end Power BI report development project (preferably with 1 to 2 years of exp in power bi desktop and power bi service)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Work independently with different stakeholder & 3rd party teams to ensure project objectives and goals are met
- Experience in planning, estimating and delivering projects in Agile Scrum Model
You will be expected to know below to a proficient level
- Hands on knowledge in writing Transact-SQL queries, DAX, Power Query, Power Pivot and MDX.
- Adept in visualization skills, developing interactive reports and dashboards with for visual insights
- Experience in use of varied data connectors to on premise or cloud data stores with a bility to quickly stage & shape data from data sources into reporting and analytics solutions
- Experience of successfully designing, modelling and implementing end to end Power BI solutions.
- Knowledge and understanding of Power BI features and capabilities including (but not limited to) Composite Models, Aggregations, Power BI Gateway, Power BI Premium Capacity and Power BI Mobile
- Good understanding of DB fundamentals, including relational DB design, multidimensional DB design
You will be expected to perform below activities
- Develop automated reports and dashboards using Power BI for business consumption (operational/self-service)
- Understand business requirements to set functional specifications for reporting applications
- Investigate PowerBI issues and bring them to closure with Microsoft support with an agreed action or fix
- Ability to support/coach users in creating ad-hoc/self service reports
In addition to the above, knowledge and skills are preferable in
- Capabilities and skills in Power BI custom visualizations, REST API and solutioning through integration of Big Data, ML, Cognitive etc.
Experience of Azure Analysis Services and or Microsoft BI platform suite SSAS/SSRS