Web and Digital Specialist
Posted on May 17, 2019 by United Church of Christ, National Setting
GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Web and Digital Associate will be tasked with responding to customer requests for web and digital updates and making changes to ucc.org and related web and digital properties of the United Church of Christ. This is an eight month temporary assignment through December 31, 2019.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides full professional website support, responds to change requests, and assists internal and some external stakeholders with web and digital requests.
- Works with the Web and Digital Strategist and the OPTIC Team to maintain quality web and digital assets that are built to customers' and the organization's standards.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required to perform successfully in this position.
- At least 2-3 years' experience working in the digital industry covering brand, digital, and web
- Experience with digital communications platforms in a professional context, including content management systems (CMS) and constituent communications providers.
- Experience maintaining and creating website content in various mediums (text, images, video, multimedia).
- A working knowledge of HTML, CSS, content/graphic asset creation, and implementation/content publishing.
- Problem-solver with excellent communications skills; responsive and dependable
- Understanding of analytics
- Creative, willing to learn and flexible
- Ability to prioritize workload
This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required for the position and is subject to review and change at any time in accordance with the needs of the ministry. Since no job description can detail all duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a position, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a position shall also be considered part of the position holder's responsibility.
It is expected that the person who holds this position will conduct themselves in a manner consistent with the policies of the UCC and in a manner that will reflect positively on the organization. All staff are encouraged to nurture safety within the work performed on behalf of the UCC by being attentive to self-care, education, maintaining appropriate boundaries, and the importance of referring those in need to supportive and helpful resources.
Comprehensive Benefits Package N/A Application Deadline May 3, 2019 About the Organization The United Church of Christ
Our faith is 2000 years old. Our thinking is not.
We believe in God's Continuing Testament.
We believe in Extravagant Welcome
We believe the church's mission is to Change Lives