Pharmacy Technician - Certified, (FT) Hem/Onc
Posted on May 17, 2019 by Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
Under the supervision of a licensed Pharmacist performs routine and specialized technical and clerical duties for drug distribution to patients.
Responsibilities: A listing of the key responsibilities
- Prepares prescription and non-prescription medication and/or devices.
- Stocks and replenishes stock locations and automated dispensing machines.
- Serves as a preceptor and assists with training pharmacy department staff.
- Communicates supply issues, problems or discrepancies to the appropriate personnel.
- Inpatient Only:
- Prepares intravenous admixtures under supervision of a licensed Pharmacist.
- Prepares or compounds sterile and non-sterile compounds.
- Maintains the hardware and software of the department's multiple computer systems.
- Electronically processes prescription orders and prepares prescriptions for verification by a pharmacist.
- Processes third party claims.
- Associates degree in a health or related field, with 1 year of pharmacy experience, or the equivalent in education and experience preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with accuracy.
- Ability to multitask and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain composure under stressful situations.
- Registered Pharmacy Technician with the NH Board of Pharmacy required.
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) certification required.