Phlebotomist (FT), Lab - Nights - 9:00 p.m. - 7:30 a.m.
Posted on May 17, 2019 by Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
Responsibilities: A listing of the key responsibilities
- Obtains blood specimens from outpatients. Maintains knowledge of specific specimen requirements, and follows the correct order of draw based on tube type and special handling of tests. Utilizes proper resources for obtaining specimen requirement information.
- Collects and enters off-site blood work into system.
- Completes and processes a variety of forms. Obtains pre-authorizations and patient signatures.
- Prepares specimens for in-lab testing or off-site shipment. Processes specimens that require special handling according to established procedures or protocols.
- Ensures blood drawing stations are clean and well stocked.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Weekend and Holiday Rotation required
- High school graduate or the equivalent required.
- 1 year of medical/technical experience desired.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Proven work experience with the public.
- Strong computer ability desired.
- Applicant must be honest, dependable, able to multi-task, and be detail oriented.
- CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) and AED (Automated External Defibrillator) certification required within the 1 st year of employment.
- Certified Phlebotomist, ASCP preferred.