Occupational Therapist - York
Posted on May 17, 2019 by Apex Rehab Solutions
Experienced Occupational Therapist needed to join innovative, integrated care team
Full Time - York
Industry-leading care provider Apex Rehabilitation Solutions seeks an experienced, licensed Occupational Therapist to join its fast-growing team of therapeutic professionals. This hands-on role directs and oversees all aspects of occupational therapy for the center, including client evaluations, interventions and the implementation of innovative, personalized treatment plans.
Apex Rehabilitation Solutions is a full service provider of rehabilitation therapy and management services in skilled, long-term, outpatient, and in-home care environments. Highly skilled and experienced physical, occupational, speech, and respiratory therapists work together to ensure that patients return to the highest possible level of function.
The mission of Apex Rehabilitation Solutions is to promote health and wellness for residents. They provide preventative and restorative health services to improve the quality of life of all they serve. They strive to accomplish this mission through the fundamental core values of integrity, dignity, respect, and fun.Responsibilities
This role requires significant client/resident engagement, and an ability to thrive in a multidisciplinary, team-centric environment. Responsibilities include:
- Screening new clients/residents and determining the need for OT intervention
- Developing and implementing treatment plans, and working in tandem with other onsite care providers to devise comprehensive, integrated wellness programs
- Responding to client needs as they arise, and providing outside referrals, as needed
- Implementing an ongoing evaluation/assessment system to ensure care plans are continuously refined and enhanced
- Developing comprehensive in-home care plans based on clients' specific needs, external environments and care givers, then training family/care providers, as needed
- Supervising COTAs, volunteers, rehabilitation aides and students, as needed
The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter, with the ability to troubleshoot and develop client-focused solutions for a diverse client base. This role requires hands-on work with an elderly population, so ideal applicants will have experience as well as strong professional competency working with a geriatric/frail clientele. All applicants must have up-to-date licensing as well as an active driver's license, as some local travel is required.