Speech Language Pathologist - SLP - PRN
Posted on May 17, 2019 by Symbria
Symbria has a PRN/Per Diem opportunity for a Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) on our Rehab Team at Otterbein Franklin SeniorLife Community, in Franklin, IN. As a Speech Language Pathologist (SLP), you will be responsible for patient evaluations, effective administration of treatment programs, develop and implement clinical and educational components of the Speech-Language Pathology Program and actively participate on the interdisciplinary rehabilitation team. As one of the few 100% employee-owned companies in healthcare, Symbria has been providing an outstanding work environment for talented employees to deliver patient-centered care to the geriatric population in senior-living and post-acute settings.Responsibilities
- Review and evaluate physician's referral and patient's medical records to determine speech-language therapy program required.
- Evaluate each patient's current level of functioning using approved speech-language/swallow evaluation techniques, tests and observations, and prepare written treatment program based on evaluations.
- Administer a prescribed speech therapy program to restore and maintain maximum function and prevent disability using a range of therapeutic modalities.
- Coordinate speech therapy services and information presented at the interdisciplinary team conference with physical therapy, occupational therapy and the nursing department.
- Assist in formulating of policies and operating procedures necessary for the effective operation of the speech program in conjunction with other programs in the community.
- Develop program goals and assess the need for clinical equipment and supplies, and participate in budget planning and preparation as described by the community.
- Assume primary responsibility for the management and documentation of the patient/client program according to ASHA Standards of Care.
- Monitor productivity and speech language staffing needs.
- Complete all required clinical and billing documentation as indicated and submit in a timely manner.
- Maintain productivity standards.
- PRN/Per Diem Hours - Click the Link to learn more!
- Master's degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an accredited school, and a valid registered license for the state in which employed.
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology (CCC-SLP) from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) preferred.
- Understanding of communication disorders resulting from neurological impairments.
- Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Effective interpersonal skills with strong focus on customer service.
Why work at Symbria?
- 100% employee-owned company through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan, also known as an ESOP. You, along with your co-workers, have an ownership stake in this company!
- Competitive compensation
- ESOP retirement plan
- 401(k) & Roth 401(k) plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short/long term disability, flexible spending accounts (FSA), Paid Time Off (PTO) and Yearly Tuition Reimbursement.