Posted on May 17, 2019 by J&C Associates
The Test & Quality Assurance team within our client's Solution Delivery unit needs to perform additional testing activities on various projects mainly related to automated functional testing of new /updated functionality on in-house developed core-systems following DevOps principle "continuous testing". A significant part of the work is related regression testing using Selenium WebDriver with C# unit tests and automated testing of REST-API (micro) services running on Docker Swarm clusters.
The consultancy services include also non-functional testing regarding quality characteristics of the application under test, such as Efficiency (performance), Reliability (e.g. backup/restore, fault tolerance, etc.) and may include also test data generation and system integration / data migration testing.
Our client is actively looking for one Consultant to design/execute such testing activities.
- Design and execute automated and manual test scripts
- Conduct independent test analysis, design and execution of automated functional and technical tests using available testing tools at our client's premises
- Design, code and execute new automated GUI tests based on a test automation framework using C#/Selenium WebDriver running in Continuous Integration
- Design, code and execute new automated tests of REST APIs running in Continuous Integration
- Design/execute non-functional testing with respect to Technical ICT security, performance and reliability of applications
- Contribute to acceptance testing (UAT/OAT) of in-house / outsourced developed applications based on commercial-off-the-shelf products
- Design/execute non-functional testing with respect to efficiency, reliability, monitoring or maintainability of applications;
Your knowledge and experience
- Working knowledge of English (level B2)
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in conducting functional testing of web applications.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in designing, coding and executing automated GUI tests using a (.net or JAVA) programming language and respective tools, such as Selenium WebDriver
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in designing, coding and executing automated REST-API tests on applications based on a micro-service architecture or running in containers
- A minimum of 6 months of experience in test planning and test management
- A minimum 6 months of experience in conducting performance testing of web applications / services
- Knowledge of how to:
- determine suitable test approaches;
- compose suitable Test Documentation;
- define suitable acceptance criteria;
- review structurally work products from other teams.
- Knowledge of how to design, code and execute functional automated REST-API tests on applications/ services based on a micro-service architecture or running in containers
- Knowledge of how to design, code and execute unit and integration tests using a programming language, such as C#/JAVA
- Knowledge of how to design, code and execute automated functional GUI tests using Selenium WebDriver in continuous integration
- Knowledge of how to conduct performance testing of "containerised" web applications/services
- Knowledge of SQL using Data Manipulation/Definition /Control commands) or OLAP cubes
- Knowledge of testing the following Software Quality Characteristics: Functionality, Technical Security, Usability, Efficiency, Reliability & Maintainability
- Knowledge of ISEB/ISTQB terminology, (demonstrated by passing the relevant certification exam(s))
If this sounds of interest, then please get in touch as soon as possible so we can talk about the role and your experience.