Electronics Maintenance Technician
Posted on May 21, 2019 by Peraton
We are seeking a SATCOM Communications Technician for Vandenberg AFB, California to support our Consolidated Air Force Space Command Modifications, Maintenance, and Operations (CAMMO) customer.
What you'll do:
- You will be responsible for providing operations and maintenance (O&M) for satellite communications (SATCOM) terminals and related equipment.
- Perform equipment status monitoring and operations.
- Coordinate and respond to messages from interfacing organizations such as AFSCN operators, Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), and Wideband Satellite Operations Centers (WSOC).
You'd be a great fit if....
- You have the ability to t roubleshoot links, trunks, and circuits.
- You are able to perform preventative maintenance on assigned equipment.
- You have the ability to t roubleshoot equipment problems and perform corrective maintenance.
- You can provide support for equipment upgrades.
- You complete training and maintain personal training records.
- You assist in performing work center quality and Management Internal Control Toolset (MICT) inspections.
- You can perform work center logistics activities to include forward supply point, bench stock inventories, and ordering.
- You can keep work center information support activities including preparation of equipment status reports and Hazardous Condition (HAZCON) reports.
- You can maintain work center technical publications.
- You possess an Active Secret Clearance
- Have an Associate degree and 2 years relevant professional experience; or commensurate education and experience.
- Have Completed a satellite communications maintenance course or equivalent.
- Have the ability to lift 50lbs to waist level unassisted; occasionally individual lifting in excess of the 50lbs as required as part of a two person lift for larger items. (Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment will be used.)
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- Influence major initiatives
Are you ready to join the next-generation of national security? Employer is a fresh name in the industry with an established portfolio and Legacy going back more than a century. We work differently than our peers - with agility, the freedom to innovate, an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture of responsibility. As part of the Employer team, you'll be part of our movement to build a great company, solve the most daunting challenges facing mankind today, to protect and promote freedom around the world, and to secure our future, for our families, our communities, our nation, and our way of life.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.