Project Manager Dublin City Centre Refurb
Posted on May 22, 2019 by Anonymous
Immediate Start - Ongoing work
Generous Salary & package (negotiable on experience)
A Project Managers position has become available for a busy main Irish contractor in Dublin City Centre. The successfully candidate would ideally come from a Refurb background.
Candidates will be required to demonstrate capability and experience in dealing with challenging projects. I am looking to hear from ambitious Project Managers looking to progress their career, you will have excellent communication and negotiating skills with a proven record working on major projects within the Irish/ UK industry. You will be responsible for delivering project on time, on budget to the highest quality and safety standards. You will be supported in your role by a Contracts Manager, with career progression available. This is a great opportunity to join a prestigious main contractor.
* Project Management, in compliance with company policies, procedures and Building Regulations
* Good knowledge & understanding of the GCCC Form of Contract as well as RIAI Standard Forms of Contract
* Good knowledge & understanding of the Building Control (Amendment) Regulations 2014
* Ensure compliance with Quality, Environment & Health & Safety Management System to ISO 9001, 14001 & OHSAS 18001
* Co-ordinate construction of projects to meet programme, budget & specification.
* Co-ordinate Site Meetings with the Design Team & Subcontractors
* Manage and direct site staff and all subcontractors
* Monitor construction, about quality of workmanship and materials
* Co-ordinate and liaise with Construction Team to ensure that all subcontractors and site personnel have timely and accurate information.
* Chair & recording of meeting with sub-contractors, design teams or the like
* Close liaison with the Project QS to monitor cost control, identify variations and procurement of subcontractors
* Ensure compliance with drawings, specifications, building regulations and good building practice
* Check and understand all drawings and specifications. Ensure that any errors / omissions are formally communicated to the Design Team in a timely manner
* Ensure that the Design Team members supply all requested information on time
* Production and revision of the contract and subcontract programmes
* Ensure company owned plant and equipment is maintained in good working order
* Ensure timely provision of essential reports, records, information and services i.e. site diary, RFI: s, Emails, Contractors Reports, Programme etc
* Ideally degree qualified with a Minimum of 3 years +' experience with Main Contractor in Ireland or the UK as a Project Manager on £10m+ projects
* Motivated individual with excellent negotiation/communication skills
* Excellent IT Skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, including Planning Software - Microsoft Project, Asta or the like would be advantageous.
* Background experience with Refurb and Fit Out.
Our client seeks to select and promote employees based on their individual qualifications, experience and abilities to ensure complete equality of opportunity