Senior Network Engineer
Posted on May 23, 2019 by CV-Library
This key Senior Network Engineer position sitting within the Network Services team will be the most senior technical resource to resolve highly complex technical design and service issues when normal operations and maintenance procedures have failed and to provide leadership for root cause analysis. You must have a Networking certification to Juniper JNCIE with either SP, Ent or DC specialisations. Subject matter Expert in your chosen discipline.
Communication is key and the successful Senior Network Engineer will act as a mentor for their chosen field and to work closely with the Technical Design Authority. You will support the Sales and presales teams to provide the technical expertise to close sales opportunities. You will have daily involvement with technical presentations, solutions demonstrations, solutions design/configurations, Proposal and bid response documentations.
Key deliverables in the Senior Network Engineer role:
- Act as an internal technical escalation point, to train internal staff on product and network.
- Devise training programmes and support documentations for operations.
- Provide technical assistance to sales teams working through client meeting, presentation and response to tenders.
- Take a lead where required in root cause analysis to drive issue resolution and limit impact to the customer to review and report on specific customer incidents and to manage customers.
- Be an advocate in the required technology within you area of expertise.
- Lead in defining value adds projects.
- Assist in the build and design of proof of concepts.
Qualifications and Attributes required for the role:
- Demonstrable experience supporting Service Provider and Enterprise Grade Networks.
- Technically leading from the front
- Excellent work ethic and strong sense of ownership
- Remain hands-on with technology
- Builds trust and a collaborative relationship with stakeholders across the organisation and colleagues within the team
- Strives for continuous improvement, delivers and supports new processes and directions
- Excellent customer facing and presentations
- Networking certification to Juniper JNCIE with either SP, Ent or DC specialisations
- Subject Matter Expert in your chosen discipline
- Multi-discipline required
We are keen to hear from candidates with the skills and attributes that will make this role desirable to you and will give the opportunity to join a leading edge technical organisation
£45k - £50k Annual