Senior WAN Engineer
Posted on May 25, 2019 by Thebes IT Solutions Ltd
Role: Senior WAN Engineer
Location: New York/Missouri, St Louis
Rate: Up to $845 per day
Key Essential Skills:
- Experience with Cisco CRS-1, ASR, 7600, 6500, 7200, Nexus and Juniper platforms
- Strong knowledge of carrier technologies such as SONET, SDH, DWDM, and Ethernet services as well as the ability to work with carriers for troubleshooting purposes
- Strong understanding of MPLS technologies such as L3 VPN, L2 VPN, and any combination of at least two of the following: VPLS, MPLS QoS, MPLS TE and mVPN
- Hands-on experience with traffic monitoring and management toolkit, NBAR, NetFlow, SFlow
- Strong understanding and hands on experience of multicast technologies such as PIM Sparse mode, PIM Dense mode, and PIM SSM
- Minimum of 7 years' experience ideally working in a carrier network or a large enterprise network in a design, engineering, or architecture role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ability to clearly articulate complex issues
- Team player with proven track record of successful project delivery
- Motivated self- starter
- Attention to detail
- Excellent knowledge of BGP, EIGRP, OSPF and RIP
Any quantifiable project management skills, certifications, or experience
Team lead or management experience
Experience with Packet Design, OPNET, Netbrain and similar tools
Experience with JUNOS
Familiarity with ITIL framework
Experience on Juniper EX9200 and QFX 3500 platforms
Role & Responsibilities:
A growing international finance company is seeking a talented and motivated Senior WAN engineer to join its Global Project Engineering team. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of the team that is responsible for design and engineering, an advanced carrier class WAN environment in an enterprise setting. This fast-paced environment will challenge your knowledge of BGP, MPLS, QoS, Multicast, Cisco and Juniper hardware, Cisco IOS/XR, JunoOS, and other complex network technologies. In this role, you will be an important member of a critical team for our firm.
Education/Certifications (Specific degrees and/or certifications required or preferred):
- BS (or higher) in relevant field* CCIE (any specialization, with lab) is required; CCIE in service provider specialization (CCIE-SP) is desirable. PMP/PMI desirable
Outline Thebes Group:
Thebes Group is a leading IT Infrastructure technology consultancy based in the city of London. Thebes work with several leading Vendors, Government, financial institutions Insurance including Investment Banks, Brokers, Hedge Funds.
Thebes Group is a leading IT services and technology consultancy based in the city of London and Milton Keynes. Thebes work with a number of leading Vendors, Government, Insurance and Financial Institutions including Investment Banks, Brokers, Hedge Funds.
Established in 1992, we are a full service provider that is 100% focused on delivering client value. We design, develop and implement leading technology solutions and resources, which help you, run your businesses better.
Thebes - Lead by Passion, Driven by Innovation and Dedicated to Results.
Thebes may process any personal information supplied in relation to your application. By providing your information, you consent to Thebes using your information to process your application and acknowledge that we will store and use your information in relation to your application.