Lead Automotive Fleet Technician / Mechanic
Posted on May 29, 2019 by First Transit
Lead Automotive Technician
Join First Transit as a Fleet Maintenance Mechanic. Work on Ford E-Series Light Duty Cutaway Buses and help us maintain our fleet of 160 vehicles! We run an ASE Blue Seal Shop!
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Hourly pay starting at $24 based on experience
- Room for growth
- A comprehensive benefits package including company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plan.
- ASE Incentive Program - Get paid more for having ASEs!
Lead Automotive Technician major responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to the First Transit standards.
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components (Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical/Electronic Components, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics).
- Ensuring work orders are completed accurately.
- Selecting appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Evaluating completed work prior to release, seeking supervisor approval where required.
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Actively participating in safety or educational training as required.
- Continuous ASE re-certification to remain in job classification.
Lead Automotive Technician requirements:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 6+ years of direct automotive repair experience required
- Previous lead or supervisor experience preferred
- Must obtain ASE Certifications within 6 months
- Valid Driver's License
- Subject to background check and drug screen
Become a part of our team - Apply today!
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.