Senior Backend Developer (m/f/d)
Posted on May 31, 2019 by Gini GmbH
Who we are - the Gini Family
Gini is an established FinTech Start-Up with currently 40 passionate people. We are creating a software assistant that enhances everyone's quality of life - by automating tedious, mindless tasks. We work in self-organized and cross-functional teams which give everyone at Gini immense autonomy and responsibility. Transparency, innovation, and continuous improvement are fundamental pillars in the way we work together.
Depending on your experience and interest you will be joining one of our cross-functional product teams or our internal research team. Feel free to familiarize yourself with our stack.
- Flexible working hours and home office
- An annual training budget of 2.500 € and 5 extra days off for personal and professional development
- A "Steward" who helps you settle in and cares for your personal growth
- Fruit, coffee, tea, cereal, snacks, and different kinds of soda
- Amazing location in downtown Munich
- A feedback-giving culture full of purpose and community. Check out what employees and candidates say about us on kununu, Glassdoor, and Whatchado.
Your playing field at Gini
- You will maintain, operate, and implement features for a product that is used by millions of people.
- You will create well documented and easy to use APIs, services, and interfaces for our partners to connect to.
- You will have a holistic overview of the product and find remarkable backend solutions that smoothly fit into it.
- You will conduct code reviews and write brilliant tests.
- You will partner closely with Mobile, AI, and Semantic peers as well as product owners by actively contributing with new ideas and excellent code.
- You have 4+ years of experience in designing, implementing, and operating REST APIs. You build it, you run it.
- You have excellent knowledge of Java 8+ or the JVM. Python or Go proficiency is a plus.
- You have a strong understanding of relational databases. Cassandra and Elasticsearch knowledge is a plus.
- You always test and deploy your code using CI/CD.
- You are a hands-on problem solver and are not afraid of stepping out of your immediate role to get a holistic view of various technical angles.
- You easily connect with different personalities in English and preferably in German as well (though everyone is welcome to join our free in-house German classes).
Sounds like the right challenge for you? Get in touch with us!