SECURITY EXPERT (m/f/d)
Posted on May 31, 2019 by YUNAR by Ambidexter GmbH
YOUR CORE TOPIC
As a Security Expert, you will analyze software solutions, help developers design for adversarial environments and help keep our microservice-based infrastructure secure. Your goal is to enable developers to build a secure and compliant product for all our users and to help operate tech securely.
- You believe that security must be efficient and you make it your responsibility to help design measures that create the least amount of drag for users and developers alike, and finding the right balance between both
- You believe it is important to obsess about automating your own work and doing so in a way that developers receive feedback as soon and as clearly as possible about potential flaws - you are open to use whatever technique is necessary from source code review, fuzzing, network traffic analysis, etc.
- You love to get your hands dirty and to write your own tools or create a PoC to demonstrate and issue to developers - tools make things more secure not documents, and a PoC speaks lauder than theory!
- You believe in conversation, argumentation and persuasion instead of approvals and authority because you know that this is how you keep your own work honest
- You work with your team to identify attacks, threats and anomalies, and pinpoint and precisely describe the required countermeasures
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- You will be wearing a lot of hats: from developing your automation, through figuring out issues in role assignments in IAM but also hunting for vulnerabilities in back- and frontend and working on security monitoring - hence, flexibility, systems thinking, and a good sense of prioritizing topics are essential
- At our company everything is code, if you want to find out the truth, going to git is the most straightforward way at times - hence, you must be comfortable to do code reviews and work with code
- Sound knowledge of automation, threat modeling, security monitoring, cyber threat intelligence, and passion to analyze the latest trends in information security and information technology and to guarantee the highest quality standard
- Comfortable with scripting languages (Python, Bash) and first experience with Azure and Kubernetes - maybe you already know about Docker, Istio, Terraform, Ansible, NodeJS, Kotlin and Swift, too?
- Business-fluent spoken and written English - good knowledge of German is desirable
WHAT WE OFFER
- We aim to support people in optimizing their resources: as we only just launched, you have the unique opportunity to make a real difference and have a real impact; i.e. you will be working in a purposeful environment on challenges that allow you to grow in order to have a meaningful contribution to the world. For this, we provide you with opportunities for proper mentoring.
- At our new office in Central Berlin you will find an agile and collaborative work environment, small teams and flat hierarchies
- A permanent full-time position, an above average number of vacation days and an attractive salary
- Benefits that are truly individual depending on which situation you are facing in your life: you are free to spend it for German language classes, your gym membership, your mobility or for your new-born child
- A state-of-the-art tech stack
- ... and more great benefits like unlimited soft drinks, after-work beers and much more besides ...