Sterile Processing Technician -Lead
Posted on Jun 1, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Sterile Processing Technician -Lead - Sterile Processing 001 - Full-Time, Days - St Agnes Hospital-Baltimore MD - Baltimore, MD
Why Join Ascension?
For more than 150 years, Saint Agnes Hospital, part of Ascension, has been dedicated to the art of healing by providing exceptional care to the greater Baltimore area. Built on a strong foundation of excellent medical care and compassion, Saint Agnes and the physicians who practice here are committed to providing the best care for our patients for many years to come.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Agnes Healthcare-MD, you will have the opportunity toInspects, assembles and evaluates all surgical instruments and instrument sets to ensure proper sterilization, completeness of set, and to determine need for repair/replacement.
- Performs decontamination of soiled instruments, sterilization containers and equipment according to established protocols.
- Inspects instruments, equipment and containers to assure cleanliness and proper functioning.
- Corrects instrument sets according to current standards and established count sheets and/or instrument tracking systems.
- Maintains proper levels of inventory to ensure availability for case carts.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Certified Central Service Tech specializing in Sterile Processing credentialed from the Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution (CBSPD) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Central Service Tech specializing in Sterile Processing credentialed from the International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management (IAHCSMM) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- HS or Equivalent
- Required: High school diploma or equivalent at date of hire
- Required: Three years of experience at date of hire.