Technical Safety Engineer
Posted on Jun 5, 2019 by CV-Library
Technical Safety Engineer responsibilities:
* The position will be to provide Technical Safety input to various single discipline and multi-discipline projects undertaken by the office.
* The Principal Engineer will be part of the Technical Safety & Risk team based in Aberdeen and the wider Technical Safety and Risk community.
* The Principal Engineer should be able to operate somewhat independently in performing Technical Safety & Risk studies and writing up results/ reports, requiring some input and support from the Skills Group Manager or more senior engineers within the team. Experience with available industry consequence modelling and analysis techniques and tools is preferred for this role.
* The work performed will be varied and activities include front end conceptual studies, detailed design, operational support and decommissioning activities. The role will be to perform Technical Safety & Risk assessments and analysis based on regulatory requirements, client standards and drivers and be able to efficiently communicate these solutions through calculations, technical reports and presentations.
* The Principal Engineer may be required to interface directly with clients, undertake reasonable marketing and business development activities where opportunity presents itself, represent the company within industry working groups and also work in a single discipline capacity as well as be part of a multi-discipline team when required.
The role could be offered on either a contract (12 months+) or permanent basis and is based in Aberdeen. On offer, is a competitive salary/hourly rate.
Technical Safety Engineer requirements:
* Recognised Technical Safety & Risk engineer with circa 8 years upstream oil and gas experience.
* Experience in front end conceptual, detailed design and operational support
* Experience in delivering related Technical Safety & Risk deliverables within the project phases above.
* Networking, marketing and business development skills
* Good team player, communication skills and client/ regulator experience
* Technical Safety & Risk meeting scribe experience
Ideal Technical Safety Engineer experience:
* CEng and/or PEng or equivalent international qualifications gained or being worked towards.
* Post graduate award in specific Technical Safety & Risk subject area
* Experience of HSSE aspects associated with design and operations within Oil & Gas
* Experience in offshore/ onshore decommissioning
* Experience of Technical/ Process Safety within Nuclear or other Major Accident Hazard Industry
* Experience of Top Tier COMAH/ Safety Cases in development, update and submission phases
* Experience of managing/ supervising studies and/ or engineers
* Planning/ Cost Estimation/ budget management/ CTR development knowledge/ awareness
* QRA development / modification experience
* Developing Technical Safety & Risk meeting facilitation skills
We are an equal opportunities Recruitment Business and Agency. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Each company within the Planet Equity Group is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you in line with GDPR guidelines. Full details regarding how we hold your data is available within our Privacy Notice accessible at the Planet Forward website